A Pacific Northwest Native
with National Recognition
Dr. Darren Plummer is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in minimally invasive hip and knee replacement, outpatient joint replacement, complex joint reconstruction, and revision surgery. His practice utilizes advanced surgical techniques and innovative pain management strategies, allowing for rapid recovery and faster return to normal activity for his patients.
Dr. Plummer offers his patients the latest cutting-edge technologies available, including robotic-assisted total joint replacements. He is trained in numerous surgical approaches for total hip replacements, including the direct-anterior, anterolateral, and posterior approaches. He also has extensive training in partial knee replacements.
Born and raised in Spokane, WA, Dr. Plummer naturally has strong ties to the local community. He attended Mead High School and graduated with honors from Gonzaga University. He then went on to earn his MBA prior to attending medical school.
During his training, Dr. Plummer was selected for the highly competitive, merit-based, Slemenda scholars program, authored and published over 30 peer-reviewed research papers in the field of orthopaedics and was awarded the James R. Rand Young Investigators Award by the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS).
Dr. Plummer further advanced his training by completing a fellowship in hip and knee replacement at the prestigious Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago, IL. While at Rush, Dr. Plummer was trained by leaders in the field of complex revision joint surgery, partial knee replacement, robotic-assisted joint replacement, and by the pioneers of outpatient same day total joint surgery.
For Dr. Plummer, the PNW is home and while not seeing patients for hip and knee conditions, you’ll find him spending time with his family, golfing at one of the beautiful courses in town, fly fishing on the Spokane River, or skiing at Schweitzer Mountain.View Select Publications
Dr. Plummer offers a variety of specialized services such as:
- Non-surgical and conservative treatment for hip and knee pain
- Rapid recovery hip and knee replacements
- Minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacements
- Kinematically aligned knee replacements
- Outpatient/Same-day joint replacements
- Complex & revision hip and knee replacement surgery
- Partial (unicompartmental) knee replacements
- Robotic-assisted surgery (MAKOplasty)
- Computer and fluoroscopically assisted navigation for hip and knee replacements
- Treatment of periprosthetic joint infections after hip or knee replacement
- Second opinion visits for existing painful joint replacements
“Had a great experience as it was my first visit, got to me promptly which I really appreciated, staff was super friendly even other patients in the waiting room, Dr. Plummer made me feel at ease and explained everything to me so clearly, I would highly recommend. Thank you!”
– Flora R. via GoogleMore Testimonials